House of Passage
One of the centers of the Rainbow Foundation is the “Casa de Paso”, founded in 2002. This center offers different support services directed to children, adolescents and youths who live and work in the streets of the city of La Paz.
- Classes of integrated and pedagogical support.
- Daycare of children and adolescents of young mothers who work in the street. Daily care to 60 children of young mothers, where most of them are singles. They do different works in the street like informal sells, wash and auto care, shoe shinning, etc. The daycare’s focus is to guarantee the cognitive and development, appropriate diet, social health, and health attention of the children in conjunction to the development and preparation of the mothers.
- Cafeteria. Offers daily food (breakfast, snacks, lunch and tea) to all the participants of different activities of the house. It also offers lunch to children that live or work in the streets, giving about 300 lunches every day.
- Vocational workshops. Space where the children, adolescents and youths who live in the streets, through learning carpentry, carving, painting, etc., can assimilate the value of self-esteem , responsibility, honesty, perseverance, etc. Many of the children that participate in these workshops find their social reintegration, some work at the Rainbow carpentry.
- Doctors, dentists, psychologists, social workers, and layers. All this group of professional help the street population in a daily basis.
- Facilities for recreation, personal care and laundry. These services are for the use of children and youths who live and work in the streets.
- Academic support to worker children in the streets that thanks to this support are now attending to school.
- Literacy courses.
- Alternative education and courses to level.
- Computer and internet labs.
- Outdoor schooling in places where children and adolescents live (parks, under bridges, etc.). Totally, the project helps about 300 people.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.